We find it funny… our kids are getting older, but we’re not.
How do we know they’re getting older? Here are the clues…
1) Our oldest son left home to take his 3rd year of university in Germany. He’ll be there for a year.
2) Our second son is starting university at home this year. No more high school for him.
3) There are no more hockey games to go to where we get to watch our sons play. Yes, we could go watch our second son play beer-league hockey, but he’d probably be embarrassed.
4) Our daughter is still enrolled in dance classes, but we don’t need to drive her there anymore.
5) Our daughter is in grade 11 this year.
That’s definite proof that our kids are growing up… and mighty quickly too!!
How do we know that we’re not getting old? Here are the clues…
1) We don’t feel old. (That should be enough… but OK… here are more clues…)
2) We still do a lot of the things we did when we were “younger”… like biking, running, hiking, etc.
3) We can still remember being our kids’ ages. (Yes, that does scare us)
4) We still have dreams and goals. (No dreams and goals = not living)
5) We’re still learning. (Again, not learning = not living)
There you go… proof that we’re still young.
If we look at life this way, then age truly is a state of mind. Yes our kids are getting older… but they’re still young…. and yes, our “age” counted in years may indicate we’re not kids anymore… but darn it, we’re definitely still young too.
So get out there and do things. Tap into your goals and dreams and take action on them. Make plans for your business and set your sites for the horizon (remember to enjoy the journey along the way). And learn… learn more about what you’re passionate about…. become an expert in it and grow your business around it… then it’ll be play and not work at all.
Play = Young. The fountain of youth isn’t a place, it’s living your passion. And that is well within all of our reach… so go for it!! We’ll see you all out on the playground.
Drop us a line in the comment section and tell us what your passion is. We’d love to know.