A Top 7 List? Yep! Think of it like a checklist that will make it a whole lot easier and quicker to get to where you want to be – totally organized. Will this happen overnight? Nope. Starting is always the hardest part, so once you get going and gain momentum there will be no stopping you.
So let’s start…
1. Know what stuff you actually have. Until you know what stuff you actually have to organize it’s pretty tough to get organized. What is in that stack of papers at the end of your desk? What files did you put in that folder? Are any of them still pertinent? Take inventory, it’s worth the time.
2. You may find the trash is the place you end up storing most of your stuff. Keeping unimportant stuff is a part of the “I may use it someday” syndrome. Don’t get caught up in that, there’s no easy cure.
3. Clean up your physical stuff. Having an organized home and office is in itself a step towards finding yourself. A cluttered environment creates a cluttered mind.
4. Choose an electronic system for organizing and storing all your files, website links, cool social media posts, and contacts. Find one that makes sense to you. Choosing a system “with all the bells and whistles” that you find way too cumbersome to use will not get you anywhere.
5. Develop a system for your errands. Much time gets wasted running around instead of going on one organized trip with a plan of attack. While you may be thinking that planning your errands is a bit overboard, it can be really simple and fast to implement with so many benefits. Keep your brain free for creative stuff, not what you need to pick up at the grocery store.
6. Create a To-Do System. It goes without saying that focused action is way better than constantly figuring out what you need to do next.
7. Let go! Let go of all the stuff in your mind that is best kept in an organized system. Use your mind for the cool stuff… creating, learning and expanding your possibilities!
Use what feels right to you and Get Started! 🙂